Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Three weeks, two weeks...

As in, three weeks since surgery, and two weeks that I've been home.

What? That's what Eric gently reminded me of while I was crying last night. Why does it feel like it's been an eternity? I've only been home for two weeks! Just three weeks ago I got all cut up. Well no wonder my ass still hurts. I still feel like someone kicked my ass, but I think I'm getting better every day. I know I need to be gentle with myself and let myself rest. I need to stop stressing about what I can't do. Before I know it, I'll be back to my old antics, running around town, wrangling my own children, cooking my own meals.

We did decide to gather up people to help with the kids, to make sure they at least get lunch. I don't know how I'll be feeling next week, but it makes me feel better to have our bases covered. And I'm sure my kids like to eat lunch, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! All of this has happened so quickly, you have to allow yourself to adjust and heal both physically AND mentally.

    Don't forget how many people love you and are thinking of you every day!!

    ReplyDelete