Saturday, January 23, 2010

My stoma passed gas so loud last night that it scared me. No really. I was getting ready for bed, and I was exhausted and not paying attention. I took my shirt off and the stoma went TPTHHHHHHHH. It was so loud, I jumped. Nice, huh? Maybe it's trying to get me back for eating lots of lentils yesterday, I don't know.

I've been eating lots of mashed potatoes lately. I crave them. Luckily I have a mom who doesn't seem to mind making mashed potatoes, and they are so so good. I eat a lot of other stuff too, but mashed potatoes taste so darn awesome these days. I have no idea what that's about.

Eric helped me change the wafer backing last night. I think I could do it myself in a pinch, but it's nice to have another set of eyes so when the poop just randomly comes out we can catch it with a wipe. So far I don't have a Set Time for Output, it just comes out whenever. I'm considering irrigating in the future, that should be an adventure.

Right now the most adventure I have is getting up from my chair and wandering around the house. Or taking a trip to the bathroom. Recovery is pretty boring. I'm thankful for friends who stopped by last week. I'm hoping to get out a couple times next week, but I'll have to see how I feel. The antibiotics seem to be kicking the UTI to the curb, I'm glad about that. I still get tired easily, it's frustrating for me. I'm ready to take care of my kids again and take care of my house again, but my body sure isn't. At least, my butt stitches aren't, haha. Ouch.

All right, time for cipro!

No comments:

Post a Comment