Friday, October 23, 2009

Seven is my favorite number

No really, it is. I was born on 7/01/77, so my favorite number has always been seven.

Seven also happens to be the number of radiation treatments I have left, as of today (as long as I counted right, and if I didn't, I'll be blaming that on chemo brain, thanks). I'm looking forward to the weekend to hopefully heal and rest. And I'd be lying if I tried to say I wasn't apprehensive about next week. It seems like every week has been just a little bit worse than the week before, in terms of side effects. Every weekend I was able to recover just enough so that the beginning of the week was pretty okay. But I can do anything for seven days. I think.

The Radiation Girls today said, "The Fry Doctor wanted us to remind you to come to your treatments with a full bladder." (They didn't really call him the Fry Doctor.)

I replied, "Oh I know, and I have been. In fact, I have to pee pretty badly right now."

Then we got all jokey and laughed about having to lay on a hard table with a full bladder. Those girls are so great, I think I'm going to bring them some Halloween candy next week.

I guess I didn't really have a lot to say today. Mostly I'm just killing time waiting for my rice to cook. After that I will be laying on the couch watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Where are my children, you ask? Locked in a closet. In the basement.

Just kidding. They're hanging out with some very sweet friends of mine at the Children's Museum today, and then they're all going to lunch. That's the best thing ever on a Friday because to be honest, I'm wiped out. There would have been a goodly amount of tv watching, and there still might be later this afternoon.

So Happy Friday, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Friday to you too Sheri!
    You are a real inspiration to us!
    Keep up the good attitude and fight. You are going to beat this damn cancer!
    Mom and I are so proud of you.
    Love,
    Poppy and Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri,
    Just a note to let you know that we have 57 women on our email prayer chain at the church I attend praying for you and your family. May the Lord be your strength, your peace and your comfort as you fight this battle. In His love and with our prayers, Chris (Scott Mahloch's Aunt)

    ReplyDelete