Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Keep on keepin' on

I've been taking it easy today. The Alien Port and hose is kind of hurty, but I suppose for something shoved under your skin, I shouldn't expect anything less. Tylonel and ice helps. And so does vegetable stew brought from a friend of mine. :) I've been moaning and groaning to Eric for weeks before this that I wished for someone else to cook delicious vegan food for me, and I'm getting my wish!

Today the kids and I worked on some homeschool projects that were in the works before cancer. They're really cool lapbooks: http://lapbooksbycarisa.homestead.com/index.html Doesn't that look fun? Reese is creating a lapbook about guinea pigs, and Eli's lapbook is about transportation. We'll take pics when we get a little farther. Eli spent some time cutting apart pictures of vehicles. Reese and I busted out the many guinea pig books from the library and learned that guinea pigs originate in Peru, and where that is. She wanted to work on some writing too, but after about an hour, things started to get a little dicey and we all needed a break...to make tents! The tent making gave me some time to lay down and ice the Alien Port, so that was nice.

One of the frustrating things for me is the limitations. Right now it feels like someone kicked me in the throat. The skin is all tight, and I just feel tired. I'm not used to hanging around on the couch. We're very Get Up and Go type people, and we typically have things going almost every day. Obviously and rationally, simplifying is good right now. It's just hard.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri, as your Mom I feel very close to you as I read your blog. I think I would be cursing also. If you need to curse to fight this fight, then so be it. You are very strong and positive. There are a lot of people praying for you all over the US. I love you, and hey, so does God.

    ReplyDelete