Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend!

What with the exclamation point you'd think I have all kinds of grand plans for the weekend, right? Nothing more spectacular than watching some Olympics, making some chickpea cutlets for fast, easy lunches, and taking naps. Because that's what you do when you have an ass vacuum and are on enough pain medications that you can't drive. I know, boo hoo, woe is me. It's not that bad. We surely could go somewhere if I felt like it, but today I really didn't. Making the chickpea cutlets wore me out enough (curious about these yet?? google is your friend).

Speaking of the Olympics, shooting targets and skiing? That's pretty cool. I didn't even know that even existed. But I didn't know what curling was until a couple weeks ago either. I'm not very Olympics savvy, I suppose.

The nicest thing about the weekend? Two whole days between dressing changes. Although I don't know what the deal is with the dressing this time. It seems more hurty than the last one, I don't know if the tape is stuck on differently (or maybe stuck to some hair, ouch!) or what. The nurses are supposed to measure the wound on Monday, maybe I'll try to remember to ask them to write down the numbers for me.

The nice thing about the wound vac? I'm so wrapped up with it mentally and physically that I've hardly thought about chemo next Thursday. So reluctant thanks, wound vac. I still wish that all I had to deal with is the chemo. I expected to be starting yoga again soon, and maybe walking. I thought that aside from dealing with some chemo side effects, life would be mostly normal. I thought I'd be able to drive, and thus get the kids and myself out of the house. To say that this sucks is such an understatement.

But I'll say it anyway: this sucks. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment