Monday, February 1, 2010

some advice

Listen. If you have abdominoperineal resection (APR) surgery or whatever the hell it is called (and I hope you don't ever have to, I don't recommend it), make sure you take it easy after. Don't try to be the hero and clean the bathroom when you're 3.5 weeks out of surgery because your ass will get angry and start bleeding.

Don't worry, I'm fine. The surgeon did tell us this could happen, especially if I overdid it while healing. It's not rivers of blood anyway, it's little clots and drips. But it's gross and I'm not a fan of liquids coming out my nonexistent rectum and anus. I thought it was slowing down too. Why did the state of the bathroom have to bother me so much? Why were those cleaning wipes there taunting me? Ugh.

So I'll take it easy now and not try to do too much. I wish I knew exactly what "too much" was though. Washing a pan that's in the sink? Picking up some toys? The surgeon did tell me that if it hurts, I shouldn't do it. Cleaning the bathroom didn't really hurt, so I'm frustrated that it started the bleeding of my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment