Monday, February 22, 2010

I didn't cry today...

at least not at my wound dressing change. It's slowly getting easier, but it's still painful. I don't think it will ever not be. I think I'm at peace with that. I don't feel as anxious going anymore, it's just one of those things I have to do. The nurses are all nice and good at what they do, I think that helps a LOT.

I was exhausted today, could not keep my eyes open. I don't know if that was left over from chemo or from not being able to really nap after my wound dressing appointment or what. I hope tomorrow is better. Eric got home tonight, I ate dinner, and then passed out for two hours. It felt good.

I did get a little weepy after reading the sweet comment from my last post. I used to do so much around this place, and now Eric is doing most of it. He's mopping right now. I miss doing those mundane chores that I used to complain about, like Laundry Mountain. I do what I can, today I cleaned the bathroom and folded some clothes, but it feels like so little. I'm lucky to have Eric who is willing to jump in and take care of things that need doing. Someday I'm going to take back my house, and then watch out.

I miss sewing too, creating things out of fabric, fabric shopping, sorting my fabric hoard. I will concede that the dining room is cleaner when I'm not sewing, haha. Reese is going to need shorts this summer, I wonder if I'll be able to do that? I want to so badly. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment