Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Surgeon update!

There is none! Yay!

Not really. The surgeon had some ass emergency surgery yesterday morning and ended up cancelling on us. However, the nurses continue to say the wound looks good, it's healing and all that jazz. The morning wasn't a total loss. I did get to hang out with Eric and the kids, even though I wasn't feeling super well. It's still nice for us to be together.

Today the kids are off doing something fun with their cousins. Eli wanted me to go too, and it was really sad for me to tell him I needed to stay home to rest. It's hard, I would much rather do something fun with my kids than have to sit at home feeling crummy. It's not even that I feel sick, I just feel so worn out. Making breakfast for us was exhausting. If the kids stayed here, it's likely they'd spend most of the day watching tv. I don't want that for them.

I don't know. I know I'm doing the best thing for them, but it sure doesn't feel like it most of the time. At the same time, I feel so fortunate that we have options, that there are so many people who are willing to help. I just miss them.

The awesome news is that I seem to be shaking the whole chemo sick thing faster each time. I don't know why that is, but I don't feel nearly as awful as I did a few times ago. Just really really tired. So today I'll rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment