Thursday, April 8, 2010

Snow????

It totally snowed here last night/today. We woke up to several inches, which delighted the kids but not me. However, I was glad that it happened this week and not on a chemo (FOLFOX) week. The cold sensitivity is crummy, but it's even worse when things like car doors and door knobs are cold. It hurts my fingers!

I can drink a smoothie though, finally. I'm not quite ready to try ice water but luckily I haven't craved it like I do when the weather is nicer.

I appreciate all the kind words and comments after my last post. I don't know what it is about the Tuesday after chemo that just causes me to fall apart, but that's what I seem to do. No matter how many times I send the kids off to do something fun so I can rest, it's still hard for me. The most important thing for me is that my children are happy and well cared for, and I know when they're with friends or family, they really are. It has nothing to do with the quality of their care, it's all me and how much I want to take care of them like I used to. It's just hard. And it almost always makes me cry when I think too much about it.

Ah well. How about some good news? The ass wound is, in fact, healing. 3.5cm long and 2.5 cm deep. Considering it was 6cm deep when I first went in, I'd say that's pretty good. Hopefully I'm on track to ditch the wound vac at around the same time I say buh bye to the chemo center for good.

And three chemo treatments left! Today, it seems like no big deal. Hopefully I can hold on to that feeling for a few days.

Well, it's time for Top Chef Masters and it's Survivor Thursday!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment