Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Chemo

Little Chemo is easier than Big Chemo, for sure.  It was all very uneventful actually.  I arrived at the cancer center right at 9am, got infused, and was done by about noon.

I slept for most of the afternoon though.  I don't know if it's still the benedryl or if the chemo just makes me tired or what.  The kids played and I dozed, waking to quell fights.  It seemed to work out well for us all. 

I was running the other day.  Sometimes when I run, I don't think about anything.  Other times, I think about everything.  My last run was full of thoughts.  My thoughts usually start out cranky and complaining, but move to glad and grateful.  I have so so much to be thankful for.  Aside from the cancer, life is pretty great.  Yesterday was a cool, sunny day.  I got to spend it with my kids.  I get to hug my kids every day, and I get to hug Eric too.  We have opportunities to travel.  There is plenty of food in our pantry, and we're warm and dry at night.  We have a car that runs and Eric has a job.  My kids are healthy.  I'm thankful for every day I wake up and every night when I go to sleep.  Life is amazing, and I plan to fight to be around for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. Life is amazing Sheri and YOU are amazing too

    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't hear any bichun for me to yell quichyer bichun!

    ReplyDelete