Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Another Erbitux Down!

Super uneventful chemo today.  I was glad.

I arrived at the cancer center at about 8:30am with my gigantor bag and my smoothie.  After I got called back, I started getting myself ready.  I have to take tylonel as one of my premeds, so I snuck over to the ice machine (the bottled water was warm!  sad face).  Warm blankets were gathered.  I scrolled through my ipod to find some benedryl nap music. 

About three hours later, the nurse was disconnecting me and commented on how nice it was to help someone who knew what was going on.  She mentioned that I had my water all ready and I wore an easy access shirt.  She said I was such a nice patient.

Hahahahahahahahaha.  She obviously wasn't around for my first couple treatments.  I suppose though, once things are squared away, I am a pretty easygoing patient.  Tell me when I'm getting the benedryl, use a bandage that doesn't have that white stuff on it, and I'm good to go.

I overheard another woman talking about leucovorin, which is commonly used for colorectal cancer chemo.  I thought about popping over to talk to her, but then the benedryl kicked in and I was worried that maybe she didn't want to talk.  Sometimes I don't.  I guess all I or anyone else would have to say is a polite, "I don't feel like talking" and that should take care of it.  I'm probably making too big a deal out of it.  It is kind of impolite to eavesdrop, although with the chairs so close together, it's hard not to. 

After Eric and I gathered up the kids and got home, I got Reese started on some schooly stuff.  We worked for about two and a half hours before I had to collapse on the couch.  After Eric came home for the day, I snuck into the bedroom to sleep for a while.  I felt much when I woke up.  Sometimes I just can't deny the need for sleep.

What else?  I'm having issues with the skin around my stoma.  :(  I think the Erbitux is hard on it, and I'm having a hard time getting a wafer to stick.  We're trying a few things, but it might require a trip to the ostomy nurse. 

So yeah, not much else.  Prayers and positive thoughs always appreciated.  It might not mean a lot, but it always makes me smile when I know someone is thinking about me and my family.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri,
    There is'nt a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I think you are awesome, just the way you keep going. You are so strong. I know that the kids and Eric are everything to you, and you are there every day for them.
    Promise yourself that you will never feel guilty for a nap.
    I also see what an intelligent woman that you are. This blog demonstrates the difficult moments and also the wonderful moments of life with cancer.
    You don't let it take over your life. I love you and cherish you Sheri.
    Mom J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting you know that I think about you and your little family tons.....Love Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you always! <3

    Katie J

    ReplyDelete
  4. and Julie said... I think about you every day. I am so thankful that you are a fighter. Keep fighting, and blogging. You have made a difference in so many peoples lives, you have no idea how many. You are so strong, we love you so much. I was so glad to be able to spend that short week with you! I cannot wait to do that again. We are thinking about you always. We love you so much!!! Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always thinking about you and Eric and the kids. I've said it over again that I love reading your blog and sharing what I know with people who know you (specifically Lia at work...you remember Lia-Montate's one-on-one) She sends her love and prayers. I also send a message to Nicole and Sam when I see you post something big. I hope you don't mind. I figure the more people out there praying for you the better it is. Smiles and hugs to you and the fam.

    ReplyDelete