Friday, August 12, 2011

Thinking about all the things

But if I'm going to be honest, I'm mostly thinking about my CT scan next week.  It's not keeping me awake at night (thank you very much, sleeping pill!), but the last couple mornings have been early.  There's other stuff going on (good stuff), but yeah.  Stupid scan.

I'm trying not to worry.  The messages I've been surrounding myself with for the past few months are that worrying does not help.  I get it, I really do...putting it into practice is HARD. 

It bugs me that I have so much scanxiety.  The process itself is easy, it doesn't hurt.  What we're likely to see on the scan isn't a big mystery, I just had a scan two months ago.  But you know...what if.  What if something else has popped up?  What if this crappy chemo isn't working?

Luckily, we're going to be so busy for the next few days that I won't have a lot of time to think. 

2 comments:

  1. Sheri, Isn't it amazing how we are so able to keep our body busy, our hearts full, our spirits lifted (as a cup full kind of gal) but Lord...our minds...:) I lift you (body, heart, spirit and MIND) in prayer in Jesus name. ~ Love you Imani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom said... You are not the only one thinking about that scan. Your Dad and I are thinking about you all the time. We are hoping and praying for positive news. We are also trying to think about your exciting news of moving to Dallas!!!! God has truly blessed you with a great husband and family!! You have lots of friends and much excitment in your life! Embrace life with all you have!!!! we Love You so Much!!!! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete