Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Whiny Baby

That's what I feel like.  I don't want to do chemo.  Not today, not ever.  It sucks, I don't like being sick, and the cancer center is not fun enough.  I suggested to Eric the other day that perhaps the cancer center should make chemo more like a party because then it would be fun to go.  I don't know what kind of party one would have with all the Benedryl napping people...a quiet one?

Yes, I'm thinking of all the reasons I just need to do it.  Yes, I'm trying to be positive. 

Blah.

A lot of people tell me that I'm so strong, but I sure don't feel like it. 

4 comments:

  1. I discovered your blog a week ago and have read through it twice now, wondering when and how to comment to you. My parents both have(had) major medical issues and things just keep/kept happening to them...mom had multiple sclerosis for 45 years...and the wound vac machine. Well, what can I say about a wound vac machine. Of all the degrading, difficult things we did in her care that one ranks quite high...but it did its thing so we always felt "how can we complain?." LIving with major catastrophic illness should not need to be degrading, huh. Thats a whole nuther thought thread, including the vast majority of health care professionals who do not know how to care for or even like chronically ill people.) Dad and his mother have run through the rectal cancer thing so your story hits home...but they are/were elderly. You are living our family mottos...shoulders back and chin up, and if its live or die choose to live and give it all you have. My respect and ongoing prayers in your jouney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Sheri! You're going to kick cancer's ass. I hope today went smooth. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, I just wanted to share with you what my dear friend Penny ( an elderly lady in the nursing home ) told me to tell you. She said, " How is your daughter?" I told her you were hanging in there. Still fighting cancer. Then she said, " You tell your daughter that the BIG GUY upstairs told me that your daughter is going to get better." I wish you two could meet. Penny is a very special lady. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure as hell party over at the Arnold Palmer Pavilion (cancer center) where I go! Every day of the week is a freaking party. You should see how they celebrate John Deere Tractor day! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete