Monday, May 23, 2011

Hey, who put that birdfeeder on my window??

Ah the things you miss during a big chemo recovery weekend!

Just kidding, I knew about the birdfeeder.  It's pretty cool, it sticks on the window with suction cups.  No birds yet.  I'll let you know.

So yes, this weekend was pretty sucktastic.  It seems that the cumulative effects of chemo are creeping in, unfortunately.  I know I've felt significantly better by Sunday afternoon in the past, but wow.  I spent a bunch of Saturday sleeping, and it spilled over into Sunday this time.  I did go out for a run Sunday morning, but it was more of a walk with a little running. 

Even this morning I feel tired already. 

Part of me thinks, "Well, just get used to being tired.  That's the way it is."  But I don't want to get used to it.  You can bet your ass I'm going to keep pushing the chemo because I know there's a point when it won't push back. 

Well, I have things to do today, which include making a quinoa salad for a pot luck, helping Reese practice her owl reading one more time, getting us ready for homeschool group, and figuring out what is for dinner. 

It's weird, this dance between real regular life and cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment