Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chemo Thursday

I survived another chemo Thursday. It was soooooooo loooooooong. We arrived at the center a little before 10am. My line draw, as always, was an adventure. The nurse got two vials of blood and started on a third when my port decided to get persnickety. She ended up having to lay me flat and coax the blood out with a clean syringe. Otherwise, the day was uneventful. And boring because the internet connection was terrible today. I slept some, but I don't think benedryl sleep and chemo sleep are very good sleeps. The chairs aren't the most comfortable. It's kind of too bad I can get chemo at my house. Oh wait, with the pump, I do! Silly pump.

Along with various drugs for nausea, I got a script for Ambien to help me sleep. Have I talked about how much trouble sleeping I've been having lately? A lot. I have trouble falling asleep and trouble waking up in the night. I lay in bed thinking about goofy things like what I'm going to have for lunch the next day. And, confession time, I've been taking a couple oxycodone mostly in order to fall asleep in the first place. It sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. But I'm smart enough to know that oxycodone is not for that, so we talked to the nurse about taking something to help me sleep. I'd like to be off the pain meds unless I need them for pain. And dressing changes.

I'm tired now, and possibly hungry. Eric was kind enough to get me some bean burritos from Taco Bell (no cheese). I ate one and a half of those for lunch. It would be good if I could eat something tonight.

Tomorrow: the Friday dressing change. It's very important to get that one right so it works all weekend. Oh the pressure! I'm sure it will be fine. All the nurses at the wound care center are awesome and I'm not just saying that because a few of them might read my blog, haha. They really are so nice and caring.

3 comments:

  1. Ambien is awesome!! I hope it works well for you.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, I am glad I got to come and be with you at the dressing change. Thanks for letting me watch what the nurses do. They are the best!! Your wound is healing!! That is a good thing. I love you soooo much!! I look forward to the day when you are healed all the way!! I will keep praying for you! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri,
    I wish I would have been at work on Friday to meet the mom of this awesome person that I have had the privilege to meet-YOU! You are an inspiration. You are so strong. You are such a loving woman. You are a fantastic mom and wife (well I really don't know that, but you talk about Eric and I just figure you must be).
    See you this week-Lynn

    ReplyDelete