Saturday, March 13, 2010

Black or white...I hate all the foam equally

For my ass wound, there are two kinds of foam it can be packed with: white and black. The white is dense and less painful to get in and out. The black is more porous, will help things heal faster, but will hurt more to get in and out. The nurses have been using the white foam, but are now thinking we could possibly start using the black. Of course, it's ultimately up to me.

Do I want the wound to heal faster? Uh, YES. Do I want to inflict more pain on myself, on purpose? Hell no.

Sigh.

But I probably should give them the okay to at least try it. If I really can't handle it, we can go back to the white. I'm at the point now where I don't cry at the dressing change. Things are getting easier with regards to my wound. I'm just not crazy about it getting painful again.

What will I do? Maybe I'll decide next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment