Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Kindness of Others

I just have the best friends and family in the world, and I know the best people.  There have been many surprises in the past week or so that have touched my heart.  And you all know me, of course, I cried.  I love you all for your thoughts, prayers, and support though, not your stuff. 

One mama in particular helped me in a big way last week.  Alisha, a very talented pattern designer, is the mastermind behind the Twirly Whirly Dreess.  This happens to be one of Reese's favorites, and we had the opportunity to test that one out a few weeks ago.  Alisha has been working on another dress recently, a sleeveless summer dress.  I emailed about a week ago to ask when it would be going on sale.  Alisha shared the date with me, and unfortunately, it was close to my first chemo treatment.  I went out on a limb and asked if she would consider selling to me early so I could make Reese some summer clothes before I deal with chemo.  Of course I offered to pay her whatever she was asking for her pattern.  The next day, I found the PDF in my inbox with a note that said, "Enjoy."  Alisha wouldn't let me send her any paypal, so as a favor to me, can you check out her new store?  She's a member of the shecreates congo on Hyenacart, and her shop is called "I Heart to Sew."  shecreates  stocks March 3rd at 9pm.  GO.  Check them out!!!

The generosity of people makes me hopeful.  Thank you so much to everyone who has touched my heart and made me cry with happiness this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment