Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ramblings on a Chemo Eve

I seem to have two general reactions to the day before Chemo Wednesday.  Either I run around like a crazy person cleaning everything and freaking out, or I totally procrastinate and pretend like chemo doens't exist.  Since I just now plugged in my electronics to charge and am considering making a vague to-do list for the morning...I think I'm in the second option this week.

Admittedly I do tend to freak out more before Big Chemo.  I can't help it.  Knowing that I'll be feeling blah for 4-5 days makes me want to clean and bake things.  This week though, I'd say we're woefully unprepared, so good thing it's Little Chemo.  I don't even have spinich for my smoothie, man.  That's practically a crisis situation.

Eric and I were talking last night, and at one point he asked me what I thought.  I burst into tears and said, "I wish I wasn't sick."  Because I really do wish that, more for my family than for myself. 

But at least I don't have Ebola.

I just finished re-reading The Hot Zone, and really, it's for the best that we don't have Ebola.

I have great big plans for the rest of the week and I hope I can get some stuff done because I spent a lot of time goofing off.  Which I think is mostly okay.

Well, Happy Chemo Eve!  I think this should become a gift giving holiday, hint hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment