Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Sick

One of my biggest fears about the future is going through chemo again.  It made me feel just so terrible, and I wasn't able to take care of my family.  It was one of the worst things I've gone through in my life.  I've felt so healthy and good for so long, I just couldn't imagine feeling nauseous and sick.

Then over the weekend I came down with some wacky stomach virus.  I think our entire family got it to some degree, but it hit me the worst.  I spent most of the day Sunday in bed.  Ugh.

So all this time I've been stressing about not being able to do chemo again, to not be able to deal with being so sick again.  But you know, I think I can do it.  I think I'll be okay.  If I was able to power through making the kids breakfast this morning, I think I can do it when I'm sick with chemo too.  I don't want to, but if I have to I can.

It's amazing what one can do when they have to, isn't it?  You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only thing you can do.

3 comments:

  1. If chemo is in your future, I will help in any way I can. I'm here for you. :-)

    I'm sorry you have a bug. Did you see they cancelled Amazing Mondays today? There's crap going around everywhere. :-(

    We're looking forward to seeing Reese and Eli on Thursday. Liam is dying for them to see his new room and we'll have to come see theirs soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful person, mother, and wife. You are truly amazing. You are in my thoughts!

    Katie J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for tomorrow (Thurs) Sheri - I'll be thinking about you until you report back to us.

    Much luv & a big hug to take with you
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete