Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm doing better, emotionally.  I spent some time alone Wednesday evening while the fam was at church...I prayed a lot, trying to figure out why the walker bothers me so much.  And then it hit me (and no, I didn't fall down).  Pride.  I've always said things like, "The people in the cancer center waiting room look so much more sickly than I do" or have felt sorry for people who can't walk.  I've been proud that I was strong enough to handle chemo infusions.  Giving God the glory?  I'm not so good at that.

I'm not saying that God struck me down to punish me.  I don't think God is like that.  God loves us all so so much.  So why is this happening?  Maybe to help someone else.  Maybe to help me.  God cares more about my character than my comfort, y'all.  Maybe something in my character needed work.

Anyway, I do have a walker which the church generously gave me to use.  It has wheels and brakes and helps you get off the floor if you end up there.  It's helping me to be much more confident in walking around, that's for sure.  And at home I can put it in strategic places where I know I have trouble (bed, I'm looking at you).  It's a blessing.

In other news, I have an MRI scheduled next week, just to make sure there aren't any sneaky tumors causing trouble with my legs. 

Thank you always for your prayers.  It means a LOT.

4 comments:

  1. Sheri, I too have been trying to figure out why this is happening to you. I can't say that I understand why. I have asked God a million times why? I know that things happen for a reason. I know that everything that you have gone through has changed me life! I am closer to God than I have been in years. I pray everyday. I am reading my Bible more also. Maybe your life and how you handle it is a lesson for Reese and Eli. Maybe this is happening so Eric can have a personal relationship with Jesus. I have told you before that your Blog affects and touches so many people's lives. I often think about my job and how the residents in the nursing home affect my life. Everyday is a gift! Praise God for each and every day!!! I praise God for giving us such a beautiful daughter! I asked God for a redhead with blue eyes. God was listening to my prayers than and He still is! I will continue to pray for complete healing for you. I love you!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-( Praying it's not being caused by anything that can't be solved asap.In the meantime, so glad church had something to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri, I will pray to god that everything should be ok with your leg. Believe in god, He will never hurt his children. He will heal you.

    cancer center

    ReplyDelete