Friday, February 18, 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with my responsibilities these days.  I hate them because Holy Crap, all I want to do is burrow in my bed, read Harry Potter books, and pretend that the world outside (and all its problems) doesn't exist.  I love them because they get me out of bed in the morning and get me productive and not thinking so much all day long.  So luckily, the responsibilities aren't going anywhere because I think we all know that staying in bed isn't going to make anything go away.  At some point, I have to deal with what scares me, what makes me cry, what makes me angry.

It's a beautiful day outside, so I'll be dragging the kids out to enjoy it.  Despite missing friends and family so much, I'm thankful for the sunshine and the warmth that is Georgia today. 

I'll be trying not to think about Monday when Eric and I will drive to Atlanta and get a second opinion about what to do next.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri,

    Just caught up with your blog. I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer appearing in your lungs. Dammit. I'm glad to head you're getting a second opinion. Wishing you all the best with the road ahead and sending positive thoughts your way.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete