Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chemo Nesting

Nesting, you know, getting all ready for something big to happen?  Usually it's a baby.  I'm busily nesting for chemo.  Today I attacked the kids' room, convinced them to donate a basketful of toys, and got it all cleaned and organized.  I have three tank tops cut out for Reese, and will probably cut out a couple more before sewing them together.  She'll need a couple pairs of shorts too.  The fridge needs cleaning out, the pantry needs organizing.  I want to make a list of fast meals, easy meals, and freezer meals.  The bathrooms both could use some attention.  Library books are due at the library.  A homeschool plan might be a good thing.  Oh, and I could use some of those suckers and the ginger candy that I used last time I had chemo (that I found at a local vegetarian store!!).

Oh, did I mention the water will be off at our apartment complex Tuesday?

In the middle of all the scurrying, sometimes I stop and think.  I hope.  I wish.  I hug my husband and children.  I remember that it's important to live today and try not to worry too much about the future.  I appreciate the thoughts and prayers of friends and family, and even strangers.  I cry.

I do feel better though.  The prozac?  Maybe.  Probably.  But I also feel a determination to kick some ass.  I'm good at chemo, I know I can do this.

Fake it til you make it, right?

I'll be busy for the next few days, and Wednesday is Port Placement day.  Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

  1. Man oh man. I wrote a big old comment on your last post and now I see it never posted. :( Anyway, yes, you can do it! You got through chemo last time under worse circumstances (radiation, MAJOR surgery-- all just before)! And through it all, you came out stronger. You are even more prepared this time, and your body is stronger. If anyone can kick ass, it's you!

    I think a little birdie might be bringing some freezer stuff this week, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri,
    I wish I could be there to help you with some nesting. Hannah is right that you got through something more intense and invasive before. This time your kids are older and more independent, you are somewhere warmer with a home that is easier to maintain, and you are stronger now than you ever have been. In fact, I think the alien port needs a new name this time. Perhaps pussy port?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, I think you are handling things very well, and I am super proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete