Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yes, it's true

Our family is going to Cambodia!

What with my chemo-ridden mind, I guess I thought we told peole this.  We didn't?  Well, I'm telling you now, in March we are going to Cambodia!

Why, you ask?  Well.  About ten years ago, I was at a drive in movie with Eric (and I think his youngest sister, and probably the dog too, in the back of a pick up truck) and we watched Tomb Raider.  I'd never seen a more beautiful and enchanting land.  Then as per me, I started reading.  I read about Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.  I read about how many people died.  I read stories of bravery and perserverance.  And I wanted to go, for ten years.  It's one of my dreams, and what is life for if not to persue your dreams?  I can't imagine anything more perfect than sharing this with our children. 

Talk about an awesome homeschool fieldtrip, huh?

More details will be shared after the trip (because to tell you the truth, we have a very loose plan at the moment) but our trip starts in Siem Reap.  I'm going to see Angkor Wat in person!  We'll be on the shores of the Tonle Sap Lake.  From there, it's a trip to the capital, Phnom Penh, and hopefully a jaunt down to the coast where I can dip my feet into the Gulf of Thailand. 

I'm just so freaking excited!!!!!

I think this will get me through the next few chemo Thursdays, because I only have a few before we go.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! You inspire me every day...my dream is to travel to India and one day I hope to turn that into a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a reference but didn't ask...I'm so excited for you! It'll be great, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK Sheri!! Keep living out loud :-) and don't forget to take lots of amazing pictures. Here's to FRESH durian in Cambodia, lol!!

    ReplyDelete