Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tumors are still stable!!!!  Isn't it awesome how the good news is continuing?  I hope God didn't mind that I was praising him while crying tears of joy in the bathroom...

The rest of the day:

My blood work was great, but my blood pressure was up.  It's not at a super dangerous level, but it's higher than the doc would like.  I'm supposed to check it a couple times before I see him again.  If it remains high on average, he'd like me to go on some sort of high blood pressure medication.  We'll see.  I will admit to quite a bit of anxiety on chemo days.  It's honestly a real battle for me to give my trust to the One who knows the plan and quit worrying.  I fail at this often.  Please pray for me to give it to God.

While I was in the chemo chair, a social worker came to chat.  I pretty much took the next step to talk to a psychologist.  I'm really torn about this, but I'm starting to think that it won't hurt to talk to someone one time, especially if it can be scheduled on the same day I'm already at the cancer center.  I'm not sure what I would even talk about. 

I had another visitor too, one of the nutrition counselors.  She heard I was taking a trip to Cambodia and had some recommendations about what to eat and what not to eat.  I'm supposed to eat at hotels or established restaurants with lots of people.  Don't drink tap water.  No raw fruit from the roadside.  No undercooked food.  I suggested that looking for a food stall with lots of people around might be okay, and she looked a little horrified.  I get that she is coming from a place of concern.  I know I need to be careful.  But Nutrition Counselor, I'm not flying all the way to Cambodia to eat at the hotel and fast food restaurants.  No thanks.  One of my reasons for wanting to go is the food.  Curries and noodle soups and FRESH FRUIT THAT IS IN SEASON.  Durian, man, durian.

I'm not a very good patient, I suppose.  I do what I want. 

Not much else happened.  I watched South Park and took a bit of a nap.  Before I knew it, the nurse was hooking up my pump and Eric and the kids burst through the door to take me home.  And another chemo is over. 

2 comments:

  1. Sheri, just so you know you are not alone at failing to give it to God and guit worrying about things. It is hard to do when you don't know His plan. I also find that hard to do. I remember praying for patience a long time ago. After I did that, things kept happening in my life causing me to have to be patient. It is easy to say, " Let go and let God." But it is not so easy to do. I will continue to pray that you can put things in His hands and not worry. Having faith and trusting Him pretty much sums it up. Just remember He loves you and has His arms around you. He also has His arms around your family. I pray for that everyday. I know He hears my prayers!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pack some probiotics and apple cider vinegar? http://valerian.hubpages.com/hub/Home-Remedy-For-Food-Poisoning

    Hope your trip is everything you want it to be and more <3!

    ReplyDelete