Sunday, April 4, 2010

I'd Like to Over Share with You

In honor of my 200th post, I'd like to announce that after a nearly two day strike, my stoma is now outputting hard little nuggets. Apparently the prune juice I'm forcing down is doing its job. Yay prune juice, even though I hate you a little tiny bit because you make me feel yakky. I tend to get stressed out when my stoma slows way down after chemo. It's so uncomfortable when it doesn't work properly.

Can you believe that we've been chatting about cancer for 200 posts? While I'm glad that this blog has gotten to so many people, I'm sad that I had to start it in the first place. I'm sad for those readers who are coming here for information or maybe to just read about a similar experience they are having. No one should have to experience what I have, from the shock of finding out I have cancer to the chemo sick.

I don't know that I've changed from my experiences so far. I like to think I'm still the same old me, but maybe I'm not. I don't feel stronger or more resilient. I don't feel braver or more appreciative of my life. I was happy with my life before cancer. I'm happy now (when I'm not chemo sick).

No comments:

Post a Comment