Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Progress!

Another Wednesday, another wound dressing change. Today was a teensy bit easier than the last one. Maybe at some point I won't cry every time? I got some numbers today too!

When I first started with the wound vac, the wound was 5.2cm x 1.2cm, and 6cm deep.

Today it measured 5.2cm x 1 cm, and 3.4cm deep.

The nurses were pleased. It's healing from the inside out, which is exactly what they like to see. I was just happy that things are happening, it makes all the pain worth it. It's very hard work, trust me on that one.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome progress!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is significant improvement for just one week!!! Believe me, I know. I have seen many wounds heal, and that is some good healing!! Keep up the good work!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good news!! I have a lot of respect for those nurses - sounds like you have a great group taking care of you!! Hope the healing continues at this good rate!!
    Linda G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and Julie Said ... That is the best news yet!! Keep up the good work. We will keep up with the prayers and positive thoughts going your way. We love you sooo much!!! I feel like I can see the end in site. I hope you feel the same way. See you soon. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete