Monday, February 8, 2010

Okay, I can do this

The wonderful wound care nurse called this morning to let us know we can get in to see them early this afternoon. I'm glad things are moving forward. I'm not glad that this is going to hurt, the nurse said to take my pain pills. They also have lidocane. I know I've said this before, but I'd absolutely recommend that you NOT get rectal cancer. It's a big drag.

The other thing I did this morning was call my oncologist about getting on an antidepressant. This last round of suck has made things very hard for me. I'm crying a lot, feeling sad and overwhelmed. It's time. Just a little fun background on me, I've experienced some situational depression in the post partum variety. I'm pretty sure I had PPD after Reese was born. We had a lot going on, and we moved about 5 hours away from my family. By the time I recognized what was going on, I was pregnant again and feeling good. After Eli, it was much the same, I felt overwhelmed and snappish with the kids. I was on a generic Prozac for almost a year, until things were more under control. So I'm not opposed to taking something chemical to try to make this easier mentally. It's hard to ask for it though, it's like admitting I can't handle it (which I can't).

Anyhoo, I like that things are happening. Positive thoughts for not much butt hurting are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment