Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I didn't throw the wound vac out the window yet. This means things are slightly better but still sucky. It's percolating away, at least that's what it sounds like to me, a coffee machine. Stuff and junk keeps going through the tube and gathering in the stuff and junk container (I know, I look from time to time, although it's getting pretty gross, so I might have to stop). I assume the machine is doing its job.

My ass is still painful, maybe not as much as yesterday, but ouch. And I get to do the whole thing again tomorrow morning? Blah. Double blah.

The good news is that we're working with doctors to get some better pain meds. The oncologist came through with something that might work better. The surgeon is supposed to call with suggestions too. It's just so putzy and difficult to get across how much pain I'm in and we have to try different meds to control it. It's frustrating because I want the pain gone like yesterday. I can't imagine living like this long term and have a new empathy for people who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment