Friday, January 29, 2010

Weird!

I totally dreamt about pooping stomas last night, and it was the weirdest thing. We've been having some pancaking issues with my stoma...wait, you don't know what that is? Oh wait until you hear this. Pancaking is when the poop comes out all mashy and doesn't make its way to the bottom of the pouch, but keeps building up around the wafer so when you take the pouch off, it's a big old poop pancake. Bet you'll never think of pancakes the same way again!

Anyway, in my dream I was having poop issues. We had the appliance off and were trying to do some cleaning and troubleshooting. Suddenly the output wouldn't stop, and it was full of corn! (Reese is obsessed with corn poop, maybe that's where this came from??) I can't even remember the last time I ate corn. I woke up thinking it was real and felt my pouch right away, expecting it to be full. It wasn't. It was only a dream.

I do tend to have very vivid, realistic dreams while taking this vicodin though. I don't know if that's normal. I get all sweaty at night too and my oncologist said that's a side effect of the vicodin as well. Eric and I were joking that it could be the vicodin, or it could be the low grade fever I've been running on and off, or it could be a menopause symptom. It could be anything! I'm not a fan of the night sweats though. Blech.

The plan for today...well, so far there is no plan. I'm going to enjoy the last few days of my mom's visit, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment