Saturday, January 2, 2010

A friend emailed me today. In her email she said, "Aren't you glad you found this cancer? Be grateful for the year of 2009, for finding it sooner rather than later."

I've been going around thinking that 2009 was a pretty shitty year, but you know, my friend is right. The timing on cancer is obviously never good, ideally you don't want it at all. But if the tumor has been hanging around my rectum for 3-5 years, the timing on us finding out is actually good. If it was found 3 or 3.5 years earlier? No Eli. If I hadn't found out when I did? It would still be growing, maybe even spreading around. It's an interesting way of looking at it, that's for sure.

Who wants more song lyrics? I had my Turtlepod on shuffle in my P!nk CD collection and got to listen to 18 Wheeler.

You can push me out the window
I'll just get back up
You can run over me with your 18 wheeler truck
And I won't give a fuck
You can hang me like a slave
I'll go underground
You can run over me with your 18 wheeler
but you can't keep me down down down down

Can't keep me down, down
Can't keep me down, down, down
Can't keep me down

Hey, hey girl! Are you ready for today?
You got your shield and sword?
Cause it's time to play the games
You are beautiful
Even though you're not for sure
Don't let him pull you by the scar
You're gonna get your feelings hurt


Good song, right? You're welcome.

4 days. I'm still nervous and freaked out, but you know you can't keep me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment