Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I feel almost like regular people today. I think I get tired out faster than regular people though, because I just cleaned the downstairs potty and threw in a load of wash, and now I am tired enough that sitting down feels nice. Making breakfast and getting the kids started doing something besides watching tv wasn't a huge undertaking. It feels weird to NOT be laying on the couch or rushing to a radiation appointment. I'm considering making a to do list. I keep thinking of things I'd like to get done, but then I forget them. Chemo brain!! I like to do lists though, that's how I roll.

The only drag is that this morning I need to call the Fry Doctor and ask questions about my vagina. I've been doing a lot of reading and unfortunately there are things I could have been doing all along that would help preserve my sexuality. The good news is that there are still things I can do now that will help in the long run. As soon as I get the low down, I'll tell all, don't worry. The more I hang out on message boards and read other women's stories, the more I'm finding that the entire issue of sexual side effects is completely glossed over. That plain sucks. I know when I brought it up (and *I* had to ask), the nurse was completely flustered and the Fry Doctor, as much as I like him, wasn't all that helpful. In hindsight, I could have been more assertive and demanding of answers, but it's hard to do that when you don't even know what to ask. At any rate, hopefully I'll get some answers so I can start dealing with it.

I best go check on my children. This morning I let them play water in the kitchen sinks. If letting my kids play something messy isn't an indication that I'm feeling better, I don't know what is! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment