Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On this beautiful Wednesday...



I sewed some pants! What, did you think this blog was just about fucking cancer?? Uh, no, I don't think so.




I was going through Reese's pants drawer and about half of the pairs in there seemed like they might be kind of small. So I did what every other crafty mom would do. I raided my fabric stash, let Reese pick out some prints, busted out my serger and sewing machine, and ta da! Pants!


Reese snagged this pair right away:


And I feel better about the pants situation. Did I solve it in the easiest, fastest way possible? Oh, I guess not. Running out and buying a couple cheapo Big Box store pairs of pants would have saved an hour or two. The thing I like about sewing is that the chances of some other little kid waltzing into Letter School or an LLL meeting or where ever wearing the same pants as Reese? Unlikely. One of a kind is fun for me, and since I have the ability (not to mention piles of fabric), why the heck not?

One other piece of news before I start cleaning up this disaster of a house: it's very likely that this blog will be moving to another site. Eric can't see the blog at work, and it would be really nice if he could. We have a lot of reasons to want to stay closely connected right now and unfortunately blogger isn't allowed at his work. Don't anybody panic! I'm not ditching you all, you sure can come along if you would like. Since I lean way towards lazy, I might leave the content already here where it is and just link to this blog in case anyone wants to reread.

So yeah. You'll all be the first to know if I jump ship here. ;)

1 comment: