Saturday, September 12, 2009

I took Reese and Eli to the farmer's market this morning. I can't resist the farmer's market, and we're so lucky to have such a great one every week. Seriously, it's huge. We were just about done, having gathered squashes, brussels sprouts, beets, bok choy, eggplant, and had just wheeled the wagon back to the curb when my ears caught familiar notes of a guitar. It sounded like college era early 90's grunge music! Right in the middle of the farmer's market! I'm dating myself here, but I still have much love for 90's grunge music. And flannel shirts, even though I don't wear them much anymore.

Of course I hauled the kids over to the source of the music, a grungy looking young kid sitting by the sidewalk, strumming on his guitar and singing. We sat down and listened for a few minutes. I sent Reese up with a dollar for his guitar case. I actually sent her up with another dollar after that and wished I could have given that kid $20 because he really made my morning. So Nirvana singing grungy kid, if you ever stumble across this blog please know you put a smile on my face. And my kids liked your music too.

No real point to this, just a very nice experience in the midst of lots of really craptastic experiences.

1 comment:

  1. I love grunge too! It's funny because it's al about angst, anger, confusion...but I actually find it comforting. It's nice to be transported back for a few moments to a time where life was so much more simple & filed with possibility.

    ReplyDelete