Wednesday, October 6, 2010

All right. I found a wound/ostomy nurse who knows what she is doing. She has seen wounds like mine before. She was able to rattle off the name of a recommended colorectal surgeon (if we get to the point that I want to surgically correct the wound). Yay!

So the nurse said things look good. She suggested using a gauze called iodoform packing strips and wants me to try them for a month. Not a problem, we'll do that.

She was also very interested in my ostomy. I don't know if I gave satisfactory answers to her many questions...I don't pay a whole lot of attention to what product I'm using. I'm fortunate to have a husband who is the product expert. And I feel that the product I have is working pretty well for me. It's nice to know that there is someone knowledgeable who can help if I do have questions.

I feel a lot better about things. Dealing with this wound has been stressful. I can't imagine doing it without Eric's help.

Anyway, we'll just keep plugging along. I know that healing this thing will take time. Darn radiation. It was good for shrinking my tumor, not so good for anything else.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri,
    Really happy to hear that you've found someone that can help you sort out this wound.
    It's been way too long now and you need to be able to move on from losing the gauze, dealing with the wound and simply wondering if it's ever going to heal up.

    I look forward to a post telling us that the strips have either helped a lot or you're going to see the colorectal surgeon she's suggested and get it sorted out once and for all.

    Much luv and hugs to you - I think you are SO very brave Sheri
    Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete