Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm such a Negative Nelly

Because the appointment was just fine. The doctor didn't say anything lame. He actually told me that he had three other patients this year in their 20s with colorectal cancer, also with no family history. Crazy, huh? Kind of makes you wonder what the heck is going on.

Then again, before *I* had cancer, I didn't really think about other people having it. Now when I hear so-and-so has cancer, I wonder what kind and immediately empathize with their situation. I would really like to never hear stories of people with cancer again, but you can't always have what you want, right? It's just sad that it affects so many people.

Anyway, Colonoscopy Day is coming up soon! I suppose it's better to just get that over and done. The Stomach Doctor wants me to do a much more intense (ie CRAZY) colon prep than my surgeon ever had me do. And he wants me to use the crappy moviprep in the monstor jug instead of miralax and gatorade. Booooooooo. I tried explaining that I don't like moviprep, and he kept saying, "Well, if it doesn't work you can use the miralax." I was all, "It's not that it doesn't work, it's that I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns." Okay, I didn't say that, but I did express displeasure. Then he explained that the moviprep cleans you out better and the colonoscopy results will be better. Blah blah blah.

I get it. I just don't like it.

Eric ordered me some special ostomy supplies for the big clean out. Good times.

I'm not super worried about my colon. It was clean (aside from the cancer in my rectum) before. I think the colonoscopy will be okay.

As much as I'm bitching about getting a colonoscopy though, it's not that bad, and it's important to keep tabs on what's happening in your ass. Don't be afraid of the colonoscopy! As always, if you suspect something isn't right with your ass, get thee to a doctor, ASAP. I may be bossy, but it's because I care.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the apt went well! If it weren't for you I would have stood up the gastero a 3rd time with a scheduled colonoscopy. I thank you for giving me the strength to go! I did Moviprep with lime Gatorade- eh wasn't bad that way... but I won't be drinking anything green any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm glad you got checked out!!!

    ReplyDelete