Friday, August 26, 2011

The LULZ never stop

I called a cancer center in Dallas today to see what needed to be done to transfer there.  The woman I talked to said that I would need to complete my treatment before I could start seeing a doctor there.  I explained that I was just starting a new treatment, but that we were moving and I would need a new cancer center.  She transferred me to a nurse. 

At first, the nurse didn't realize that I'm moving TO Dallas, not just changing cancer centers within Dallas.  Then I was trying to explain to her that I'm starting a new chemo drug regimen, this is the third drug change, blah blah blah.  She asked me what drugs, and I told her.  She said she would talk to the doctor and get back to me.  At that point, I asked if I would be seeing a doctor that specialized in colorectal cancer.

The nurse's reply?

"Oh!!!  I thought you had breast cancer!  Now it all makes sense."

Sigh.  And LOL.  Just because I'm young and female does NOT mean I have breast cancer.  However, that's the assumption I get from lots of people.  I'm positive I told the first woman I talked to that I had colorectal cancer.

At any rate, I think things are straightened out.  Just another adventure on this cancer journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment