Friday, August 5, 2011

I feel like I sort of fall off the face of the Earth on a big chemo week.  Sitting at the computer tires me out, so I don't keep up with facebook or my message boards as much.  It makes me feel a little left out, but I suppose it is what it is.

Disconnect went pretty okay.  Eli pitched a fit as I was leaving, and I was already in a bad mood and tired.  Then a couple cool things happened.

First of all, the nurse who disconnected my pump and I got to talking about school.  She shared with me about her family and how she is one of the first to graduate college.  We talked about our hometowns and small towns vs. bigger cities.  It was just a fun conversation, and I appreciated that she took a few minutes to talk to me.

The other cool thing was a package sent by someone I don't know very well from a message board I hang out on.  She sent me a care package of teas and vegan goodies, and a sweet note.  Don't get me wrong, the stuff was awesome, but the note and knowing that she is thinking about me meant a lot. 

I'm exhausted, so I'm going to retire to my recliner now.  Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through colon club. I just spent a few hours reading through your story. I have a similar story (rectal cancer at age 28, lung met at 32). I'm amazed by your openness and courage. I'll be praying for you and for your family. Keep up the fight. http://stevekafkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for good friends! :) Happy that you connected with the nurse too. Hooray for good nurses!

    ReplyDelete