Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Look out, Wound Care Nurses!

Because the kids and I will be crashing your office tomorrow morning around 10am. I hope you're ready. ;)

On the wound front, I think things are going well. Sometimes my ass hurts, sometimes it doesn't. Today it was pretty okay. Yesterday, not so much. Eric hollered at me to take some ibuprofen, but honestly I didn't think about it. That sounds silly, doesn't it? If you hurt, you'd take something, right? It's actually not surprising that I'd just blow off taking something, because I kind of tend to do that. I said I would try to remember that it's an option.

Anyway, maybe we'll get some measurements tomorrow! Who wants to know how deep and long my ass wound is?? Any guesses? It will be like that Guess How Much The Baby Weighs, only with an ass wound. Good times.

On the No More Chemo Front, Eric reminded me that this Thursday is my first No Chemo Thursday. If I was still doing the every other week cycle, this would have been a chemo week. Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am to be done? I really really am. It's the best feeling to be able to start doing things we missed out on for so many months. We're getting out, seeing friends, going grocery shopping...it's the best. I'm glad we have this month before we move to spend time with all the people who were so awesome to us during this whole lame-o cancer thing.

My alien port comes out in a week and a half! I'm already starting to get anxious about being put under, I don't like it. However, I know myself, and watching the surgeon cut into me while being awake...no. Not happening. I seem to tolerate anesthesia well, so I'm sure it will be no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment