Friday, July 27, 2012

Chemo Thursday...#18 if you're counting.  Which I'm not, really, but people keep telling me.

It started out great.  I had Eric drop me off a little early so I could stop by and see some friends.  We chatted for a little bit and that was really nice.  Labs went smoothly.  I got in to see the doc right away, and no problems there.

Then I went to sign in for chemo.  After I sat down and started getting settled for what I expected to be a normal wait, the registration lady called me back.  She informed me that I didn't have a chemo appt, that whoever does appts scheduled me for two lab appts.  The registration lady seemed put out at this snag.  I don't really think it was my fault, although I do get a packet of papers in the mail that detail my appointments.  After looking at that just now, whoops, I was scheduled for two labs.  In the grand scheme of things, is this really a big deal?

"Well, you're going to have a long wait today," registration lady said.
"That's okay, I don't have any other plans," I shrugged.

So I had enough time to start and frog a knitting project twice, write some letters, drink some iced tea, and read.  I wouldn't want to wait that long every time, but eh.

I'll check my vast amounts of paperwork better in the future too.  *eyeroll*

Chemo itself was uneventful.  Eric showed up around 4 pm to hang out with me.  I was done around 5pm.

Today I feel tired even though I just got out of bed.  I don't like to wish time away because who knows what blessings I'll miss, but I wish Saturday disconnect time would come quickly.

I missed chatting with my therapist, but that's a whole 'nother post, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry someone messed up your scheduling but glad chemo was uneventful for you! That's always a plus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Sheri, You seem different in your blog writing this time. I sense a calmness about you. I prayed for that for you. God is good! I am so excited to come and see you! I should say we are so excited to come and see you! Tomorrow is your Anniversary, Happy Anniversary!! We are going to take you our for dinner when we come. Congratulations on 11 years of married life!!! Love to you and Eric, Reese and Eli! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete