Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Scan Day

I've been at the cancer center pretty much all day.  I actually got home around 3pm and would have updated right away, but I needed some time and Eli needed some attention.  Sometimes I need a little space from results.

The results of the scan weren't terrible, but they weren't super good either.  10% growth, a couple of millimeters in some of the tumors in my lungs, which is considered within the margins of error.  The doc said he wasn't worried, but he didn't call this scan stable either.  Everyone is assuring me that it could be as simple as the person doing the measuring being a different person this time.  The plan is to keep on the same chemo and wait and see.

So it's kind of medium news.  I guess.  Honestly, I'm disappointed.  I pitched a bit of a fit in the car before leaving the cancer center.  I feel like I'm a good person, I have a nice family who needs me, and why do I have to keep going through this?  Deep down, and once I got some space, I know that this has nothing to do with how good of a person I am. 

I'm feeling really down right now.  That's not really a good mindset to go into chemo with, but what can you do?  This isn't all sunshine and roses, it's real and sometimes real is ugly.  Please pray that I can lean on God to help me straighten my head out and get ready for tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Continued prayers, Sheri, for you, your sweet kidlets and Eric. And all those involved with your care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was me, Tricia, BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, hugs, Sheri. And prayers. More prayers. LOVE you. Just down the street for if/when you need! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Sheri. I'm sorry chemo will have to keep going, but I'm hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you so much--you have to hang in there for your own sake more than anyone else. I know this is some tough advise, but I know if anyone can do it, you can. Iam so proud of how you have handled everything for the past 3 years, you are my idol!!! You and your family are as always in my daily prayers and thoughts. I am sending only good vibes your way. I know you will be fine in going forward with the chemo. We both know you can and will do it. Love and prayers and only good thoughts are coming your way. Love always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your in our prayers Sheri,hoping to get to see you and Eric and the kids while your back here in good old Wisconsin. You'll probley be freezing when you get here. Take Care your in our thoughts. Sherry "the right way to spell it" lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. God be with you Sheri. I wish we could just hug you. Soon, soon. I can't wait to put my arms around you. In my heart I know that God has a plan for you. This has been such a hard time. I am praying God gives you comfort and peace. we pray that Chemo will be easier this time. We love you!!! Just know that your scan results do not mean that you are not a good person. God knows you and He loves you!!!!! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking 28th for some reason. Glad I saw this post. Sorry you got medium results. Or that they feel like medium results. Poop! Hang in there, girlie. See you later this week. Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were thinking of you and praying for you, Sheri, and are grateful you're in our lives. Love, Eric and Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you. Sad. But glad that right now,even with the horrible chemo in your bad, right now you are here.And we have another day in which to pray for a long life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love u girl ur strong! & ur da best, God has a plan 4 u & ur beautifull family

    ReplyDelete