Sunday, March 25, 2012

I wish the real world would just stop hasslin' me

We've only been back for a few days and I'm already tired of dealing with schedules and trying to arrange child care and trying to call and get answers and having to talk to voicemail (and never getting a call back...). 

Sigh.  Breathe.  Breathe.

It's probably not all as big a deal as it is in my head.  I didn't expect to go from relaxed to stressed out right away.  I was going to be chill, not worry.  Time to put that into practice, right?  It appears I have another free week.  Awesome!  The kids and I can get homeschool back on track after being in vacation mode for about a month.  I have a fun sewing project that I would like to get done sooner rather than later.  Maybe I'll cook some delicious food.  I'm still pondering how to organize a way to share pics from our trip.  The weather is going to be nice.  There are tons of good things about another week off.

Okay, I'm still a little irritated.  So here's some Cambodia pictures!


Minature Carving of Angkor Wat



My favorite dish, and pretty much all I ate in Cambodia, fried noodles with vegetables

Our tuktuk driver gave me a cooking lesson so I could learn how to make...fried noodles!  This is his kitchen.

:)

3 comments:

  1. How kewl!..the Cambodia part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you went to Cambodia - as a vegan I'd be totally food nervous.

    Erinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, well, as far as food goes...I for the most part avoided visible meats. In a country where 80% of the population lives on $1 a day, I didn't feel right being choosy about my food the way I am at home. Totally my choice, everyone has to do what they feel comfy doing, you know?

    There were lots of awesome foods that were naturally vegan though! Fruits, oh the fruits. Soooooo good. Even watermelon tasted better in Cambodia. Sticky rice with banana. Oh man, I have to learn how to make the sticky rice. There were a handful of restaurants that catered to the veg set, Indian restaurants and such.

    ReplyDelete