Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I was all ready to post a huge rant about all the crappy things and feelings I have been having for the past couple of days.  The 2-3 days before chemo are sucktastic, and you almost got to hear about it.  Then I stopped.  I took Reese to her art class.  Eli and I got some snacks and sat outside (because it was in the 60s today, yo).  I looked up at the clouds in the sky.  I remembered something I read recently, that doubts and fears and sadness come from the evil in the world.  Maybe this is hokey, but picture a little devil on my shoulder trying his hardest to make me forget all the good things that are happening in my life.    While I was sitting outside gazing at the clouds, I took a deep breath and realized once again that I am not alone in my struggles.  All I have to do is ask, and I can feel the peace and calm.

So now I have my head on straight.  My priorities have been switched around.  Do I want to go to chemo tomorrow?  Uh.  NO.  But you know what?  I can do all things through God who strengthens me.  And I am relieved because of that.

Did I mention that my next CT scan is scheduled?  January 25th, it is your lucky day!  Whoohooo!

Since I do have chemo tomorrow, I have a few more things to attend to tonight.  After that, I plan to relax with my children and try to stay awake so I can get a big hug and a kiss from my husband. 

Prayers welcome and appreciated!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri
    I have followed your lovely blog for a while. Thoughts with you while you endure another chemo and another scanxiety. Everything crossed for you. My blog http://walswords.blogspot.com/ is very new, but I hope to continue the cancer voice. Nice sometimes, very LOUD sometimes. Warmest regards Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri,

    We will continue our prayers for you and your family! Thank you for keeping us connected with your Blog. It means a lot to us! We love you! Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm not about to tell you not to have those pissy feelings but glad to read its sorted out now!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete