Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chemo, why you gotta be like that?

Holy crap.  Chemo is kicking my ass this weekend.  Or else I just did too much yesterday, that could be it too.  I got out of bed yesterday morning, crawled back in about mid-morning, woke up around 11:30am, we were out for a few hours, and I went right back to bed as soon as we got home.  I'm not a huge fan of this, but what can you do?

Fun things that have nothing to do with cancer:  My little girl and my awesome husband tested for their yellow belts at tae kwon do yesterday.  I'm super proud of them.  On Friday, I not only got to kidnap a baby, I got to nap with said baby in my recliner.  It's been AGES since I got to nap with a baby.  I rediscovered the joy of mixing a can of chickpeas with some vegan mayo, tomatoes, and pickles.  My main plans today include gathering ingredients for mushroom risotto and going to a birthday party.

I would say that of all my recent chemo weekends, I felt the least sad about this one.  Chemo gets me down, feeling so sick gets me down.  This weekend has been pretty good though.  I have a lot going for me, which I always knew. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're (emotionally) feeling okay with this chemo weekend. I think about you a lot! I would give anything to be able to have mac & cheese with you, Reese & Eli one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naps with babies are sooo nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie said...We think alot about you on you Chemo weekend. Wondering how you are doing. I often wish I could be there to help you, so you can rest. But I know that Eric takes good care of you. We are so proud of Reese and Eric, with the Tae Kwon Do. Eric is a great dad, and husband! We miss you all!!! Love, Mom and Dad. We love you also Eli!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naps with lil precious babes are wonderful. Hope you start to feel less knocked down soon.

    ReplyDelete