Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ugh, complicated

Why is it so complicated to SEND RECORDS??  Eric has been communicating with Emory, and they are still waiting for parts of my medical records.  I completely don't understand why they don't have the whole shebang, because I'm positive that's what my Columbus doc has.  My file is like two inches thick there.  How could the colonoscopy report or the chemo notes be missing?  Ugh.

Anyway, the ball is rolling, and records have been requested.  I actually spent about an hour (maybe more?) tonight going through my stack of stuff, marking things with post-it notes, in case we need to just send things ourselves. 

It was weird reading through the doctors' notes and surgery notes and stuff.  There were things that I'd forgotten, things that I remembered a little differently, and I don't know.  Weird.  It's like reading a book about yourself.  All my doctors said that I'm a pleasant patient.  Awwwww.

I'm impatient.  I want to get the treatment done and move on with my life.  The waiting is the worst, knowing that while we're waiting, stupid cancer is growing.  I hate that.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the reasons to keep your own records, like you're doing. We've had some crazy episodes -- so frustrating!

    Are you a "pleasant white female?"

    We're praying!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, "pleasant white female." Ahahahahahahahahahaha. Thank you for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete